Research & Design
Learning objectives & content
- Define the aim of a study.
- State a research and null hypothesis of a study.
- State the independent and dependent variable in an experiment.
- State operational definitions of variables
- Describe potential confounding variables
- Explain the controls needed for an experiment
- Explain effects of participant and researcher expectations and bias
- Discuss the strengths and limitations of experimental designs
- Discuss sampling techniques appropriate to quantitative research
- Explain the concept of representative sampling.
- Apply descriptive statistics to analyze data
- Apply an appropriately chosen statistical test